Going on vacation while in school can completely set back learning progress and success if you don’t prepare accordingly and take the necessary actions to keep up with coursework.
Juggling school and play takes real skill. Master the balance with the following tips and tricks that’ll help you maintain good grades during vacation.
Before you even decide to take a trip and ditch classes, it’s important to plan accordingly. As soon as you get the syllabus for all your classes, check the major dates of class you can’t miss and assignment due dates. This helps to ensure you’ve done your best to attend class when it counts the most. Otherwise, you may lose crucial points due to poor planning that can eventually lead to lower grades.
Inform Your Instructor
Take a proactive approach if you know you’re going to be out for a bit. Tell you professor well in advance the dates you’ll be out. This not only shows them that you care about the class enough to inform them, but it also might help them help you prepare for what you’re going to miss.
You could get access to assignments in advance if they know you’re going to be on vacation. They may even give you a free pass and not dock you for points if you let them know you’ll be gone prior to the date. Don’t forget to also remind them closer to your departure since we all know how busy teachers are grading papers and teaching classes.
Not only is time management the key to successfully operating in life, but it’s essential to trying to keep up with coursework while vacationing. Even though you’re on vacation, you need to designate study breaks during your time off or it could be detrimental in the big scheme of school. If you know you’re going to forget to do this, download an app that’ll give you a reminder and the push you need to get the work done.
A handy one is Alarmed which features pop-up reminder alerts, a timer (perfect for timing your study time) and full customization. Also try making a point to head to the local coffee shop where you’re vacationing to separate yourself from being in a space of total relaxation.
Aside from studying on your vacation, it is beneficial to do extra studying before you leave for the trip. Read a few chapters ahead, see what assignments are already available to work on before they’re even assigned—these are the little steps that will help you later on and prevent a dreaded catch-up session.
It’s important that you have access to the tech devices and online tools needed to do school work, should your course call for it. Make sure you pack your laptop and notes as well as a universal power adapter for chargers in case the place your visiting has a different type of outlet. Then, there’s the internet. You may need to do online research, go on Blackboard or email professors and classmates while you’re out.
If this is the case, invest in a hotspot or turn your smartphone into a hotspot. Even better, you can check to see if your mobile carrier offers new 5G technology connection through its network—tech giants like Qualcomm have begun pioneering the lightning speed connectivity and integrating it into many mobile devices. When you need internet for school, a strong, reliable and fast network connection will help you stay in the loop.
Everyone needs a vacation, especially one from school. But don’t let coursework fall to the wayside completely. Taking the right steps to prep for your time off and dedicating a small amount of time to study during your break can make all the difference in getting the grade you want.
- THE PACKING CUBES FOR EVERYWHERE YOU GO - 3 X Packing Cubes, 3 X Laundry Pouch, Bonus Gift for Shoe Bag, with Small, Medium and Large sizes. Ideal for active lifestyles including traveling, backpacking, camping, gym, beach, or yoga
- HIGH QUALITY - Premium quality thicker nylon fabric, easy two-way YKK zippers and stitching, definitely most well-made and durable travel bag you ever owned
- SAVE YOUR SPACE IN YOUR LUGGAGE/BAG - Large interior volume holds all your travel clothing, shoes, makeup, shaving accessories and more. Multiple mesh bags to organize and separate your item, smooth material ensures that your clothes don't get creased
- Larger size and container: Size: 24 x 18.8 x 7.6 cm(9.5"W x 7.4"H x 3"D). Multiple pockets (with small, medium, large, and long pockets) can fit all of your travel wants and needs, make everything easy to find! The capacity is absolutely 30% larger than the normal one in the market.
- Premium Quality: Mainly made of high quality Polyester fiber, PVC backing, strong hanging hook, best zipper and highest-standard workmanship. Thick cotton inside to prevent impact.
- Special Designed: 2 sides ZIPPERED compartment and special designed hanging hook make it easy to put and find.
- 【Great for travelling】Good design for home and travel use. Great for travelling, carrying shoes to & from the gym, or for keeping your shoes dust free in the closet. ( Can also be used as makeup bag, toiletries bags and for other uses.)
- 【2 Perfect Sizes of Choices】Set of 4, 2 standard sizes +2 X-Large sizes= Perfect size for both lady shoes and man shoes. Standard size: (9"L x 4.7"W x 9.8"H), fit for shoes under size 10. X-Large size: (9"L x 4.7"W x 12.2"H), Large enough for men shoes between Size 10 to Size 14. Also can store 2 pairs of kid shoes, great kids shoe storage bags.
- 【Waterproof Material】Nylon fabric. Waterproof function. Lightweight and does a perfect job of packing shoes and keeping everything else clean. Great shoe bags for dancing, playing basketball, tennis, golf, for gym and so on.
Last update on %last_update% / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API