Going to college can be a daunting experience, and if you don’t know anybody who is going to the same college, you might be worried about meeting new people.
If you are interested in sport, but not to be an athlete, you should still have a look at some of the recreational teams your college has to offer, as joining a team can help you meet and make great friends, as well as keeping you physically active.
Even if you are not a star athlete, people of all abilities join the recreational sports teams so that they can have fun and build up their social circle. Joining a sports team isn’t solely about the participation: some teams even have non-playing members who help with organizing events or just attend the social events with the team.
Selecting Your Field of Sports
There are so many different sports that you can try out, from swimming and martial arts, to track, field and football. The list of possible sports is endless, and depending on the college you are going to, some have several teams for the more popular sports to make sure that everyone has a chance of playing.
Participating in sport has many positives, from boosting your confidence to improving your health. Because there are training sessions, fixtures and social events, there are lots of opportunities to mix with people and build friendships. Even if you have never played the sport before, you may find that you enjoy doing it when you get started. Just because you don’t like one sport, doesn’t mean you should give up: try another one instead.
Building Teamwork Skills
Many people leave college with lifelong friends they met through playing a team sport. As well as having a great impact on your social life, playing sport will look good on your resume, and potential employers will see that you enjoy interacting with other people. Key skills like teamwork, being motivated, having confidence and commitment when seeing a task through are associated with people who are involved in sports.
You should be able to find out which teams are available using the college prospectus or by visiting the student website. Do some research before you get there and find out which teams are suited to your level of ability. If you are a complete beginner then you might want to try and find out more about the rules of the sport, or even sign up for a local team to get a bit of practice in before you get there.
College sports can make lifetime memories, from the sporting achievements to the friendships that are made. If you are looking to commemorate your sports team after you leave college, have you thought about customized jewelry for your team? Companies such as signitas specialize in bespoke jewelry and other items for your whole team.
If you’re looking to make new friends at college, then signing up for a sports team should be high up on your agenda of things to do. You won’t regret it, as you finally find your sporting family away from home.
- Lightweight, Comfortable Quality Polyester Material with Stylish Design, fits for all seasons Active wear.
- Jacket with Full front Zipper offers easy on-and-off. Side Zippered Hand Pockets to storage your small items safely while exercising.
- Stand-up Collar provides extra coverage and protection . Ribbed Hem and Cuffs seal in warmth.
- Please check the suggested chest carefully before you order and money-back satisfaction guarantee
- Polyester fabric wicks moisture away from skin, dries quickly and is soft to the touch ,Excellent breathability and ventilation
- Reflective logo increase visibility in low-light conditions
- Lightweight, comfortable cotton jersey fabric. Handy side pockets
- Athletic fit for comfort
- Relaxed elastic bottom band. Internal quick cord waistband for adjustable fit
Last update on 2019-11-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API