Do you dread exam day? Would you like to know how you can improve your grades?
Exams are an integral part of the education system, and for many students, they can be a nightmare.
Some students are able to sail through their exams, but an increasing number find them very stressful.
If you’re struggling or feeling tense about your upcoming exams, there are some things you can do to improve your chances of scoring high in your tests. Apply the following strategies from your first day in class, and you’ll improve your performance.
Have a Plan
You might think you have to cram as much as possible before the big day and then hope for the best. Preparing for an exam is much the same as preparing for an important project. Plan how you’re going to prepare for your exam by answering the following questions. How many hours are you going to study and when are you going to start? Is there anything you’re uncertain about and need further clarification? Are you going to try some practice exams? Are there going to be any distractions and what can you do to overcome them?
Take Good Notes
Improving your note taking will improve your performance. As well as taking good notes, you also have to know how to make the best use of them. You might not appreciate how quickly you forget things.
Something that’s been called the forgetting curve, shows how information is lost over time when no attempt is made to retain it. Taking good lecture notes is one way of overcoming this issue and will make a significant difference when it comes to maximizing exam performance.
Get Additional Support
To make sure you fully understand the class you’re taking, there may be tutors in your area that can offer academic support. For example, you can visit www.c2educate.com to learn about services that are available in your location. With the correct support, you’ll be armed to ace that next exam!
Manage Your Time Better
Going with the flow and getting your extra study whenever you can is not going to work when it comes to cramming for exams. A good student is one who effectively manages and uses their time. How many times have you arrived at the end of the week and wondered where all the time went? Working smart rather than hard should be your goal. Aim to develop your time management skills.
The most important thing you can do is to take care of yourself. Eating a healthy diet, taking regular exercise, and getting enough sleep are all going to help keep your mind sharp. Keep yourself hydrated and don’t try to do something different, just before a test. One final tip worth mentioning is to not do any last-minute studying just before an exam. If you haven’t already learned something, you’re not going to take it in ten minutes before your exam. Reviewing facts at the last minute will only stress you out and make you more anxious.
other valuable readings:
Image Credit: Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
Amazon Bestsellers: Desktop Scheduler (for college dorm or apartment)
- Made of high-quality kraft paper,smooth hand feel,provide a fluent writing experience for you.Practical and durable.
- The size(L*W*H)is 3.66*2.52*4.92inch.A perfect size for putting on the desk.
- Calendar runs from August 2018 to December 2019,with cartoon figure on the calendar. It's a great desk decor for you.Time flies,Cherish time,Make your life more...
- Contains 50 tear off sheets (*No sticky pad)
- Perfectly proportioned measures 11.7 in. X 8.3 in. X 0.27 in. in size to fit on top of your desk, in a drawer or in your travel bag or school bag
- Undated monthly planner pad so use it any time when you need
- 180 Degree Spread Out, Easy to Write
- Product Description: This is a calendar
- Quality Production, Eco-Friendly Ink, Good for Eyes
- SUPERIOR 2019 CALENDAR - The stand frame pages are made of high quality kraft paper, trig foldable type; while inner date pages are made of high white double offset...
- VERSATILE CALENDAR - Date span is from July 2018 to December 2019. Calendar's easel stand collapses for a sturdy writing surface. Wire binding allows pages to easily...
- SIMPLE CUTE DESIGN - 2019 New arrival simple desk calendar with rear memo note planner pages. Date span is from July 2018 to December 2019.
- Front display date, back write plan
- Bright color and novel design
- This is a useful home decoration
Last update on 2018-12-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API