Finding the right topic for your research is the most crucial choice you have to make. In colleges, most students are told by professors to make a topic on their own.
Since some students are only used to following instructions, they are left confused during this phase of the thesis project.
In order to properly decide the right topic for your research, you need to make sure that the following is done:
Don’t just settle with the ideas you found online or in other forms of media. You need to brainstorm it with other people. Brainstorming requires you to gather data from your groupmates, or with teachers and other students (if you’re conducting the research yourself). To present better ideas during brainstorming, think about the following factors:
- Look at recent news and other stories that can pique your interest
- See if the general topic has affected you personally
- Relate the topic to the current situation of your country
- Check a part of the topic needed to be researched
- See if you’re interested in learning it
Following the said steps, you can eventually find the best topic that suits you and your research project.
Read encyclopedias about your desired topic. Reading about the topic’s gist and fun facts can provide you more information about it, which will be useful as you progress through your research. Also, you need to gather information to broaden your perspective on the topic and discuss it more clearly. Aside from encyclopedias, you can also scan magazines, newspapers and other research materials related to your topic.
Collect Very Important Terms and Words
As you gather information for your topic, jot down important terms, especially those which you think will play a huge role in your research. Narrow and broad terms must be collected as they can help you understand the intensity of your topic.
Modify the Title, but Focus on the Same Idea
Modification of the research title is not uncommon. Researchers usually do this when the title is rendered uninteresting or irrelevant. So having a topic is not enough; you must be able to put it down in words that are easy to understand and can create a great impact. If you think you’re original title won’t be able to pass during the research panel interview, then you can just try modifying it instead of completely changing the topic.Custom writing at writemytermpapers.com can help you when it comes to topic modification.
Know the Purpose for Your Research
Before you proceed on your research, you need to make sure that you understand its significance. Do you think your research results will be able to address a problem in the society? Will it be able to answer a question that’s long been unanswered? If your research topic will lead you to no significant result, then it’s better if you change it.
Choosing a topic will dictate what you will do for the rest of your research. Some people spend more time looking for one than doing the actual research. However, if you know beforehand what problem you wish to address or question you want to answer, then it’ll be nothing but easy.
- Corkboard - In Scrivener, every document is attached to a virtual index card onto which you can jot a synopsis; moving the cards on Scriveners corkboard rearranges...
- Outliner - View and edit the synopses and meta-data of your documents in Scriveners powerful outliner. Organise your ideas using as many or few levels as you want...
- Scrivenings - Scriveners innovative Scrivenings” mode allows you to move smoothly between editing your document one piece at a time or together as a whole.
- Terri Main
- Wordmaster Books
- Kindle Edition
- Experience the power of visual outlining to create clearer, more compelling writing. This unique book writing software will help you start and FINISH your project.
- Our book writing software is intuitive, easy, and fun to use. No steep learning curve. Our clean, familiar interface uses Office style ribbon menus so you'll be...
- No writing project is too large or too small for Writer's Blocks. Create hundreds of blocks, each with many pages of text. Each block is like a full-blown word processor...
Last update on 2018-11-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API