Online study is becoming more and more popular, with thousands of students each year opting to take their degree courses online from the comfort of their own home rather than attending traditional on-campus lectures and classes.
There are many reasons why online study is becoming a more common choice –
Frstly, it’s often cheaper when it comes to tuition fees, and secondly, it offers far more flexibility to students, which is ideal for anybody who has a job that they need to continue working in, or for parents with young children. If you’ve managed to secure a place on an online degree course, here are some of the best tips to help you prepare.
Planning out your own time is a crucial part of success when studying for an online degree. Making sure that you have planned out a study timetable for yourself which fits well around your other commitments and ensures that you have enough time in the day to look after yourself, work and anything else that you need to do is important.
Getting this done as soon as possible will ensure that you get off to the best start with your course and avoid ending up behind with work. If you’re studying for an advanced degree such as an online executive masters in business administration from Washington State University, you will find that work starts quite quickly and preparation is vital.
Get the Right Gadgets
If you’ve been thinking about treating yourself to a shiny new laptop, tablet, e-reader or even a new PC recently, taking an online degree is the perfect excuse to splash the cash on some new tech. When studying for an online degree, a good, reliable laptop is an absolute essential to ensure that you’re able to easily access your class work, receive briefs for assignments and exams, communicate with your tutors, complete work, conduct research, and submit your final papers.
Although all you need to complete an online degree such as an online executive MBA is a good laptop, many online students find that having other gadgets, such as a tablet for reading notes or an e-reader for textbooks can be very useful.
One of the main differences between online and on-campus degree courses is that studying online is far more self-led than studying at college in a traditional classroom environment. Whilst at college, you will have the support of your tutors and classmates if you need to catch up with work, online study is very self-led and you will find that you’ll spend the majority of your study time on your own. Because of this, making sure that you get ahead with work can definitely make studying online less stressful for you, as you’ll have more time to invest in topics that need a little bit extra work.
If you’re joining the thousands of students who enroll on online degree courses each year, understanding how to best prepare for educational success is absolutely vital. Since online courses are usually self-led with the support of a tutor who you can contact electronically, preparation is key!
- 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8130U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-lit Display
- 6GB Dual Channel Memory, 1TB HDD & 8X DVD
- Ready for drops and spills with rugged construction with reinforced rubber guards, easy grip handles, and a spill resistant keyboard
- Lightweight 2.65 pound body and rugged construction that can be dropped from 3.9 feet* so you can take it anywhere without disruption
- 11.6 inches HD 1366x768 Anti-Glare Display, with 180 degree hinge for easy viewing
- Powerful 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz) processor
- 14.2" wide, 0.8" thin and portable footprint with 0.3" NanoEdge bezel for a stunning 80% screen-to-body ratio
- 15.6" anti-glare Full HD display with ASUS Splendid software enhancement
Last update on 2019-05-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API