You might have already made an appointment with your chosen moving-the-kid-to-college company, but decided to cancel it since you are not ready.
After rescheduling it, you might ask them to come back again another time as you are still not yet prepared.
This becomes a cycle. Therefore, you have to find a way to avoid doing this as much as possible. There are a few things that you can do.
Set a timeline
The reason why you are always unprepared is because you keep dragging your heels. You don’t give yourself a deadline. The appointment date that you have made won’t matter especially if you are not fined for rescheduling. The said date doesn’t matter to you. On the other hand, having a clear goal and plan and sticking by them will help you hasten packing and make it through the finish line.
Make everyone involved
You might also be a bit slow in packing the things because you are the only person at home doing everything. This is a family endeavour. Make sure that everyone does his or her share of packing and arranging the things. It can even be more fun if everyone in the family is involved. Make sure that you divide the tasks to make the process faster.
Don’t be too emotional
This is another reason why you might be quite slow. You tend to be overly emotional. Each time you pack something that reminds you of your old house; you will cry and stop working. You keep laughing, crying and laughing over and over again. It is totally understandable if you feel that way. After all, you have lived in that house for years. However, you need to do something and this has to be done on time. You can cry all you want later once you have finished packing.
Do the farewell parties later
You might have organised a lot of farewell parties before leaving. You have one for your close friends, office colleagues, neighbours and fellow parents at your kid’s school. It is understandable if you want to throw all these parties. You have to keep in mind though that you still have things to pack. You could just meet them elsewhere or go to a local coffee shop if you want to throw a party.
In doing these things, you can easily pack. Once you are ready, you can call removals Gloucester for help and they will make sure all your things will be moved to your new house safely. You can talk with them about the price in advance and this won’t be a big problem. With their quality and prompt services, you will not regret hiring them.
- Medium Moving Boxes 18" x 14" x 12"
- Bundle of 20 Boxes Industry Standard ECT32 / 200lb strength
- This box is great for most of the belongings you'll be moving such as Kitchen items, linens, toys, clothes, appliances, and much more.
- Durable, double end, double bottom construction
- No tape required for box assembly
- Easy set-up
- Super Value Pack Contains the perfect mix of boxes for a typical move. Kit Includes: 20 Medium Moving Boxes + 5 Large Moving Boxes + 5 Small Moving Boxes + 1 Roll Of Tape...
- Professional Grade & Certified 32 ECT Quality C Flute - 65 lbs. Maximum Gross Weight Capacity - Made In The USA
- Our moving boxes are trusted and used by more professional movers nation-wide.
Last update on 2019-02-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API