It’s a rite of passage for many young people, but that doesn’t make it easy.
If you’re serious about preparing for the physical, mental and emotional challenges of college, here are just five tips for transitioning to the next stage of your life.
1. Learn How to Pack
Packing is an art form, so take the time to watch a few videos on YouTube from pilots and flight attendants. They’re experts in fitting lots of belongings into a limited space, and that’ll be a big help as you fill your moving truck with everything that you can’t bear to leave behind. Their techniques might also help you store your belongings in a tiny dorm room.
2. Meet With Your Advisor
Maybe you know exactly what you want to do. Maybe you’re still debating the merits of different classes and careers. You’ll want to meet with your advisor no matter where you are in the planning-the-rest-of-your-life stage; they’ll be able to help you with everything from arranging your schedule to picking the best professors.
3. Figure Out Your Accommodation
Will you be living in the college dorms? If not, is there nearby student accommodation in the form of apartments or other rentals? Try to work out your living situation as soon as possible. You’ll feel much better once you take in useful info from renter’s websites and make a game plan.
4. Teach Yourself New Life Skills
If you’ve never done your own laundry, now is the time to figure out rinse cycles and detergent ratios. Once you move away, you won’t have your mother there to correct your mistakes. The same goes for cooking, cleaning, writing checks, filling out tax forms and anything else that you usually leave to the adults. Figure it out now and save yourself a lot of stress later.
5. Embrace New Experiences
Last but certainly not least, it’s important to understand that you’re entering a new phase in life. Things won’t always be easy. You’ll have bad days and times when you question whether it’s all worth it, and this is completely normal. As long as you hold on to your motivation, you’ll weather the storms and come out stronger on the other side.
The world is your oyster, but before you take a bite, make sure that you’re prepared for the upcoming changes in your lifestyle. Use these tips to get ready for college.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8130U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-lit Display
- 6GB Dual Channel Memory, 1TB HDD & 8X DVD
- Ready for drops and spills with rugged construction with reinforced rubber guards, easy grip handles, and a spill resistant keyboard
- Lightweight 2.65 pound body and rugged construction that can be dropped from 3.9 feet* so you can take it anywhere without disruption
- 11.6 inches HD 1366x768 Anti-Glare Display, with 180 degree hinge for easy viewing
- Powerful 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz) processor
- 14.2" wide, 0.8" thin and portable footprint with 0.3" NanoEdge bezel for a stunning 80% screen-to-body ratio
- 15.6" anti-glare Full HD display with ASUS Splendid software enhancement
Last update on 2019-05-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API