Choosing the right furniture is important for a student’s career. To maximize academic performance, it is important that you choose the right office furniture for the study environment, whether its for college or university, from the outset.
Purchasing the right kind of student office furniture can have a beneficial effect on both a student’s productivity and learning abilities. A student’s learning environment should be comfortable and serene. In this article, we provide a guide on the 8 best office furniture essentials for students.
1. Comfort should be the number one objective
A sense of well-being from being in an environment which suits individual sensitivities and gives the student a feeling of their own personal, secure space will pay dividends in academic performance.
If the furniture does not suit the student and only serves to engender a feeling of discomfort and disquiet, the incentive to study can be adversely affected.
2. Flexibility and functionality
One of the most important considerations to take when buying furniture for the study is its flexibility and functionality. Does the desk have adequate filing or file storage facilities? Is it too heavy to be moved around easily, if required? Is it spacious enough for papers, reading materials and their computer? Is there enough leg room so that it can be sat at in comfort? These are some of the questions to put on your checklist while shopping for appropriate study furniture.
Again, ideal furniture will contribute to optimal productivity.
3. Shop for a bookshelf
A good bookshelf is a prerequisite for all the study material that the student will accumulate and will refer to frequently. Therefore it is important that you choose the right one and one that can accommodate all those text books, CDs, DVDs, reference materials, electronic equipment, pens and other study accessories. A well-chosen bookshelf can save on storage space and complement the environment of a student study room.
Whether purchasing new or a second hand office furniture, your room space should be a factor to consider. Constrictions of movement in the study environment because of badly chosen, overlarge furniture will have an adverse effect on the comfort of the student and thus their ability to study. Sitting comfortably not only is essential for studying purposes but, will also ensure they avoid health risks such as musculoskeletal problems.
So to ensure there is adequate space, the dimensions of the study room will be an essential factor to consider and to guide you in the purchase of suitable furniture.
5. The Seat Should Be Height Adjustable
A chair is the most important furniture component for the student. It should allow open angles while studying and enable the thighs to be kept parallel to the floor. It should enable the avoidance of pressure points and be flexible in its reclining positions. A chair that allows you to move around while adjusting the height of the chair to correspond with your own height will be extremely beneficial.
6. Look for lumbar support
Whether purchasing a new or a second hand office furniture it’s important to look for a piece of furniture that offers excellent lumbar support. Supporting the lower back not only avoids spinal problems but will also promote activity.
Comfort is essential for every student who is studying. A sitting posture that is suited to the student’s individual requirements will contribute to their success.
Financing college expenses and fees is not an easy task for parents. The best way to save is to opting for second hand office furniture, if you want to stay on budget. Drawing-up a checklist will help you to choose the right kind of furniture, without compromising quality and safety. Remember to invest in good quality and durable study room furniture.
8. Aesthetic beauty
Quality and durability are not the only factors to look for when purchasing office furniture. Colour and design of the furniture are also important features to look for because they contribute to the aesthetics of the study room and should engender a feeling of wellbeing. Colours are said to represent a particular personality and a character of an individual. A suitable color will lighten your mood, increase your productivity, and create an energetic atmosphere.
When purchasing office furniture for a students study, all of the above tips should guide you to make the best decision. The design and type of material used should not be the only factors to look for in ideal office furniture. Invest more time in shopping for the right piece of furniture that best suits the needs of the student.
- Built-in USB outlet port phone & device charging; Extending, adjusting neck - great space saver; Cool stylish white modern contemporary design
- 3 level dimmer dimming from task to ambient light; Nichia high efficiency LED, best longest lasting; Save up to 65% energy -uses as little as 3 watts
- Good for home, office, college dorm, school, hotel; Basic style for men, women, teens, kids, students; For computer or writing desk, bed side table; For homework, study,...
- LAMPAT Dimmable LED Desk Lamp, Black
- 4 lighting modes, 5 level brightness
- USB charging port
- - Fugetek Exclusive* LOW PROFILE RECESSED LEDs: We are the only company that offers patented recessed LED's on this design of lamp. The competition has visible LED's that...
- - LONGEST LIFE LED: Our Lamp Uses A LED Bulb That Will Last Up To 50,000 Hours Under Normal Use. UL Certified Power Adapter. Economical, Reliable, & Energy Efficient....
- - MULTI BRIGHTNESS & MODE LIGHTING: Lots Of Lighting Options, For Different Lighting Needs. Offers 4 Different Lighting Modes & 5 Levels Of Brightness. Touch Sensitive...
Last update on 2019-05-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API