Starting a new year at college can be both an exciting and scary time, regardless of whether you are a freshman or senior.
So, making sure that you have everything that you need for college will allow you to hit the ground running without having to worry about whether you are missing a certain piece of equipment that is essential for your courses.
Read further on the top college moving stuff that you shouldn’t forget.
Check the List That Your College Sent You
Essential equipment for each course is going to be different, so make sure that your college has provided you with a list of essential equipment. This will normally include the necessary books that are needed to pass your course, and can also include more specialized equipment such a scientific calculator. Many colleges will also require certain types of stationary. Make sure that you have everything on this list so that you don’t have to rush out to buy everything when you arrive at college, which can be more expensive than if you purchased the items elsewhere.
While in certain courses, it may be possible to get away with using a library computer, most students will find it inconvenient, and many courses now actually require you to own your own machine. Some courses require specialized software, which may limit the type of computer that you can buy.
For example, some courses require software that only runs on Windows, so you may not be able to use an Apple laptop. Be sure to check first to avoid spending lots of money on a machine that you won’t actually be able to use. A laptop can also be useful for taking notes and staying on top of a revision schedule, though some students prefer to take notes the old-fashioned way.
Getting the right backpack is often overlooked at college. Let’s face it, backpacks aren’t normally the most exciting purchase. However, at college you will often be carrying around heavy textbooks and sometimes expensive equipment. Whether it is the brand new laptop that you spent over $1000 or the horrendously overpriced textbook that would cost you a lot of money to replace if it became wet in a rain storm. The backpack help you carry and protect your expensive school items.
Some popular brands that are good quality are Herschel, The North Face and JanSport. You can find a list of the best backpacks for college over at Backpack Reviewer.
While stationary can be boring, it can make your life much easier at college. You should make sure that you have at least the following stationary:
- Pens and Pencils –
This may seem obvious, but you will be writing lots of notes in college so make sure that you have a pen that is comfortable. A good stationary shop will let you try a few pens before buying, or you can look at reviews on Amazon. While pencils may not seem as important as pens, you will need a pencil for multiple choice exams and they are also useful if you are studying a subject such as mathematics where you are required to show how you work an answer.
- Highlighters –
Highlighters are essential for marking important passages of text, whether in your textbooks, your notes, or when revising for exams. They are especially important if you are a visual learner as they draw your attention and help the information to stick in your memory.
- A Notebook –
Even if you are going to be using a laptop for taking most of your notes, a notebook is still important for things that just don’t work as well on laptops such as diagrams and mind-maps.
- A Planner –
A paper based planner can be extremely useful for everything from knowing when your next classes are, to planning which topics to revise and when you should revise them.
A USB Flash Drive
For many courses at college, there may be occasions where you have to use lab computers, rather than your own. In this case, a USB flash drive is very important so that you can transfer your work between machines. They are also very useful for backing up your work so that you don’t have to worry so much about the hard-drive in your own computer failing or accidentally deleting a file a few hours before a piece of work is due (this happened to me once, and no I did not have a backup).
- Dimensions : 11.5"L x 16"H x 6.5"W Weight : 1.8 lb? and it holds the 15" laptop perfectly .1*main compartment, 2*front pockets, 1*small front pocket for wallet 2*side pockets, 1*laptop & iPad pocket.
- Material &Multipurpose: Nylon fabric with tear-resistant ,High quality of POLYSTER LINING .Large loading capacity and strong backpack straps can make the backpack more safety.Lightweight backpack suitable for using as book bag, travel day pack.
- Openings way: Zipper and Magnetic buckle, more safety.
- 15.6" diagonal HD SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1366 x 768)
- AMD Quad-Core A6-7310 APU (2 GHz, up to 2.4 GHz, 2 MB cache), integrated AMD Radeon R4 graphics
- 4 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM, 500 GB 5400 rpm SATA
- MULTI-PURPOSE USE - It can be used as a laptop stand, travel desk, breakfast table, bed tray, bed table, book stand, and picnic table, gaming desk. beach table, Portable office desk, lap tray for food, kids study desk, laptop desk, study table, workstation, standing desk, childrens desk, laptop table, kids lap desk, writing desk, laptop folding table, And much more
- EXTRA STORAGE SPACE UNDER THE DESK TOP - lap desk with storage. Lift the desk top and find lots of storage compartments for pens, paper and office supplies, and it has a very strong hold closure of the top to hold your stuff secured
- SPACE-SAVING FOLDS FLAT - the collapsible folding lap desk is designed that the legs fold in flat, making these trays easy to store and very portable. This allows you to work and take along this desk anywhere and everywhere more comfortably. And holds your house more clean with the option of having it stored in your closet neatly. IN USE SIZE: 17.5"L -W 12" H 7.5"
Last update on 2017-12-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API