If you’re the parent of a college student or a soon-to-be college student, you might want to begin thinking about ways to help your child travel quickly and safely around their college campus.
Below, you will find some of the most popular methods to travel across campus that are still being used today.
Ride a Bicycle
College campuses tend to have very wide and expansive sidewalks which connect every building, dormitory, and exit in an elaborate spider’s web of paths. To help you cover more ground in a shorter amount of time, invest in a bicycle. Not only are bicycles human-powered, which makes them great for the environment, but they’re also compact and can be carried back up to your dormitory room. Many college campuses expect students to bicycle to class, so they’ve installed bicycle racks on the outside of every building.
Strap on Some Blades
Although bicycles are a favorite mode of college campus transportation among students, there are many praises that can be sung for a stylish pair of rollerblades or roller skates. More compact than a bicycle, rollerblades and roller skates can be transported and stored more easily than a bicycle. They’re also a mode of campus transportation that require less space on shared sidewalks so you’re not shoving other students into the grass.
Travel into the Future
Already an insanely popular mode of transportation for children and teenagers in the current generation, there’s no reason why college students can’t benefit from the use of a hover board. Take a trip into the future with this stunning piece of engineering. A hover board is essentially a segway and a skateboard combined. Utilizing the way you lean on your feet, a hover board will accelerate, slow down, stop, or turn based on how you stand on it.
Ride with Convenience
Some college campuses are vast and span several city blocks. While it is entirely plausible to ride your bicycle or use your hover board to travel across an uncommonly large campus, it isn’t very efficient in time or energy. For larger class commutes, it would probably be best to purchase a new car from a car dealership. A car boasts many uses including acting as your traveling study room or napping area on busy days.
While your child is traveling around campus, they should consider downloading an app that will help them to navigate their new campus. Not only do these apps map the outside campus but they also map inside the buildings to help your child to find their classroom.
- ADVANCED DESIGN: USB rechargeable light, built in 650mAh rechargeable lithium battery for each light. Water resistant rated to IPX4 - Protected against splashing water...
- FOUR LIGHT MODE OPTIONS: The Headlight and Taillight feature an one-touch switch with four different lighting modes depending on your preference. Include full brightness,...
- EASY INSTALLATION: The silicone mount straps are designed with two openings that tightly fit around many size seat posts, handlebars, seat risers, backpacks, helmets and...
- 5 LED headlight, tool-less handlebar mount, 30-40 feet range, quick-release mount, 4.1" x 1.3" x 1.3"
- 3 LED taillight, angle adjustable quick-release mount
- 3 modes on each light
- ✅ SAVE YOUR MONEY AND HASSLE - Never Waste Your Money on Batteries again! Save Yourself the Hassle to Replace Batteries Every Week, It's a WIN-WIN! The Gator 320...
- ✅ FREE TAIL LIGHT INCLUDED - Comes with both a headlight and a tail light (FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME) making your bicycle stand out with unmatched 360º visibility so you...
- ✅ VERSATILE, MORE THAN A BIKE LIGHT - Can be used as an emergency flashlight, keep it inside your car, basement, attic, and emergency kit. Use it when you're running,...
Last update on 2018-05-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API