Online courses allow students to have more flexibility with their time and the program itself, but that doesn’t mean they are easier than offline programs.
In fact, there are more challenges to tackle as an online student; time management is one of those challenges.
If you’re joining an online course and pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree, the following time management tips and tricks will help you stay ahead of the course without hassle.
Allocate Time for Studying First
Don’t wait until you have some free time to study. The online course must be at the top of your list of things to do. Look at your daily schedules and allocate at least an hour a day for studying. You can also create a more comprehensive schedule to better manage your time.
A lot of online students have difficulties keeping up with their courses simply because they don’t allocate enough time to study. You can avoid this mistake – and the potential problems that go along with it – by sticking to the schedules you created earlier.
Set Aside More Time for Research
Aside from actually studying, you also need to set aside some extra time for doing research and completing other tasks. The course materials and other supporting resources are available through the online learning platform, so you don’t have to spend a lot of time finding them. Supporting books and relevant materials, on the other hand, are things you have to find yourself.
Downloading the materials, finding the right books to read and other similar tasks should be done outside of your actual study sessions. You can complete these tasks at once over the weekend or do them an hour before your actual study time for a smoother, more streamlined study routine.
Take the Course Hours into Considerations
Different courses have different requirements. An online bachelor of science in marketing from Arizona State University will take up around 10 to 12 hours a week. Other courses may require you to spend more time than that. Before deciding to take the online course, be sure to take the course hours and other requirements into consideration.
Based on the course curriculum and syllabus, you can make adjustments to your daily schedules accordingly. The available courses are designed to be very flexible, so you should be able to organize enough time to meet the requirements, complete assignments and study for your course exams too.
Not every student can start studying right away. If you need a few minutes to relax and get ready, allocate that extra time as well. Try not to cut into the pre-allocated study time as best as you can for optimum results. It may be difficult at first, but you’ll get used to managing your time around the course after the first few weeks.
Use these tips to help you manage your time more effectively. Keeping up with the course and getting the degree you want will be very easy to do once you have the time management tricks we just discussed applied properly.
- Dual-blade operation
- Two speed-settings and manual-reverse air flow control. Coverage is up to 500 square feet.This window fan has been designed to fit double-hung windows with minimum...
- Water-resistant motors are safe to use during rainy weather. For slider windows will fit windows 9.8 inch wide and 36 inches high
- Designed to fit into most double hung and slider windows
- Adjustable extender screen and bonus extender panel help to secure fan into larger windows
- Independent electronically reversible motors allows for air intake, exhaust, or air exchange
- 3 independently controlled comfort settings. 3 speed settings, Digital, LED; control panel
- Electronic thermostat; Patented locking extender screens
- Window fan has been designed to fit double-hung windows with minimum openings of 65 cm wide x 20 cm high
Last update on 2019-05-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API