As important as academics are while you’re in college, gaining real world experience can be equally important. Today’s job market is more competitive than ever before.
Because of this, it’s essential that you stand out from the crowd of other applicants when you’re looking for your first internship.
Internships are phenomenal way to gain real world experience while you’re still in school. Not only do you get to work in a real office setting, but you often get college credit for doing so. If you want to ensure that you land an internship, then follow these tips to make yourself stand out as an applicant.
Perfect Your Resume
Your resume is the first thing that potential employers see. Before you’re contacted and brought in for an interview, you’re judged by your resume. Although this puts a lot of pressure on you to craft the perfect resume, creating a stellar resume isn’t really all that difficult if you know what you’re doing.
First and foremost, remember to include all academic credentials on your resume. Even if you’re still obtaining your four year degree, if you already have a credential such as a certificate III in business administration, be sure to include that. The goal is to make yourself stand out as much as possible for your achievements. However, a good resume is short and sweet. You want to express your positive attributes as a jobseeker without being longwinded. It’s important to be concise. A good resume should never be more than two pages and one page is the ideal.
Dress The Part
With avant-garde and hipster fashion trends on the rise, it’s no wonder that a lot of young people are clueless about how to properly dress for a professional setting. While it might not seem fair to some, it’s important to remember that you’re judged on how you look when you interview for a job. That’s not to say that the interviewer won’t hire you because they don’t find you facially attractive or think that you’re overweight. Instead, you’ll be judged by the time and energy you put into grooming yourself.
This is why it’s crucial that both men and women invest in some professional ensembles. A job interview is not the time or place to make a fashion statement. Instead, remember the old adage of dressing for the job you want.
Even if it’s your very first job interview, confidence is key. You don’t want to come off as arrogant or cocky, but you want to come off as someone who is assertive, driven and ready to tackle any challenges throw your way. Modern college students have a reputation for being entitled and lazy, so it’s crucial that you demonstrate to the interviewer that you’re bucking that particular trend.
When you answer questions, you should speak with confidence. Don’t act as if you know everything, but act as if you’re someone who would be an asset to this company. You want to seem poised, but also open to learning new things.
If you follow these tips, you’re sure to land your first internship. This will be an invaluable experience that will prepare you for life after you graduate from college. It will also help to really boost your resume.
- WORK WELL WITH - iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6s/6s Plus, iPhone 6/6 Plus, 5/5s/5c, iPad, iPod and more Apple devices.
- MADE FOR THE GAME - 90 degree design, convenient for landscape mode operation. USB AM reversible design.
- QUALITY CABLE MATERIAL - Bulletproof aramid fiber maximize signal transfer quality and strength. Charging current Max. 2 Ampere.
- ASSURED COMPATIBILITY FOR MANY IPAD USERS: The 9.7 inch size case with keyboard allows for a snug fit for iPad Pro 9.7 and iPad 9.7 models. This includes latest 2018...
- 360-DEGREE ADJUSTABILITY: This iPad case keyboard is a multi-functional item for different needs. The Laptop mode is great for users that have important emails and...
- DURABLE FOR INCREASED LONGEVITY: This case is ideal for iPad Air 1&2 devices, and other recent models, because of the security offered. Consistent quality control means...
- Main Material: Made of quality cotton canvas and real leather zips. 1 year warranty for all of our bags.
- Dimensions: 10" L x 11" H x 5"W, small capacity but perfectly fits up to 10" Tablet, iPad, Kindle.
- Structure: A total of 9 pockets (7 zipped pockets, 2 external side pockets without zipper), 8 credit card slots, a pen slot, a neat little hole and a ring for a key...
Last update on 2018-11-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API