Renting an apartment can be the ideal choice when compared to buying a home, especially if you’re going to school.
If you aren’t sure of how long you are going to be in the same city, if you don’t know if your housing needs will change in the future, if you don’t feel as if you are financially stable enough for home ownership, or if know you can’t be tied down to a 15-year or 30-year mortgage, renting can be ideal. The only downside is that it can be tough to feel "at home" in a rental. Luckily, following these tips can help you make your rental feel like a place to call home.
Choose a Furnished Apartment
If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on furniture and decor for your new place but if you want it to be fully furnished and comfortable, consider springing for a furnished apartment, such as the options from Corporate Habitat. A furnished apartment might cost a little more per month, but it can actually save you money over buying furniture that you may not need later. Plus, it can allow you to save yourself a lot of hassle and can make it easy for you to move right in as soon as you are ready.
Surround Yourself with Things That You Love
You can still surround yourself with things that you love in a rental. Consider hanging up framed pictures of yourself and your friends and family members, or display art that you or your loved ones might have made. Things like curtains, rugs and throw pillows can easily be brought with you when you move, so consider buying a few decorative items that suit your personal tastes.
Give Your Rental a Homey Scent
When you walk into your apartment right now, it might just smell like paint or cleaning supplies. Consider using natural candles or wax melts and wax burners to give your rental a nice scent. You can choose a "signature" scent that you will use all the time, or you can opt to change the scent with the seasons. Either way, giving your new home a great smell can be a wonderful way to make it feel like your own.
It’s entirely possible to make a rental feel like home. Just give these tips a try, and you might be surprised by just how easy it is to fully settle in at your new place.
- Perfect for living rooms, college dorms, or backyard patios
- Durable 2-ply reinforced bottom, the Empire Chair is perfect for relaxing outside on your patio, deck, or lawn
- A combo valve with extra-wide openings ensures fast inflating and deflating
- Inflatable chair that pulls out into a twin sized bed for in-home or outdoor use
- Comfortable backrest and armrests, folds compactly for storage
- Easily switch from a chair to a twin size airbed; Ideal for college dorms, guest bedrooms and even on the road
- Designed with a waterproof-flocked top surface and a vinyl bottom, this sofa provides an incredibly comfortable sitting surface for any occasion
- A 2-in-1 valve with extra-wide openings ensures fast inflating and deflating
- Upon deflating, the corner sofa folds compactly for storage or travel
Last update on 2018-11-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API