Here at Small Steps Project, we aim at more than helping kids living in rubbish dumps.
Aside from delivering basic aid, from shoes, gloves and clothing, we also try to develop the children’s ability to study and learn new things.
By supporting them in taking small steps into education, these children can shape their own future.
From past experiences and recent research, there are a few essential skills that students must have in order to succeed in their education. These skills are handy for anyone from younger children to those pursuing higher education. We’re going to take a look at several of those skills in this post.
Time management and scheduling are among the most important skills every student must have to be successful. Time management is a particularly important skill for those pursuing a higher education online. Thanks to universities like Maryville University and their online learning programs, students can now complete their higher education leadership degree in as little as 12 months.
The same skills are also handy for those studying offline. Being able to allocate a certain amount of time every day will help students complete course assignments and study for exams more efficiently. Setting aside some time for studying also helps with concentration and focus, since students can minimize distractions during that time.
Listening and Note Taking
Listening and note taking are also essential skills students must have. Most of the time, students acquire the best knowledge and information in class from lecturers and teachers. The same can be said for online students, especially since many online learning platforms now use video streaming and live online classes to facilitate student-lecturer interactions.
Note taking can be even more effective when students have the ability to find key points and messages from listening or reading. Instead of writing everything down, it is much more efficient to write down important points conveyed during class. Reviewing notes and preparing for exams are also easier to do when the captured notes are concise and to the point.
Last, but certainly not least, we have writing skills, which are also essential to students. Assignments and exams require students to transform ideas into writing. More importantly, those ideas need to be written in such a way that allow other people to understand them upon reading the paper. Having good writing skills will help students complete the course and acquire good grades in return.
Writing is a skill that is best mastered through practice. The more writing students do, the better they will be at constructing thoughts and ideas into readable pieces. Practice also helps tackle other challenges, such as improving their grammar and helping students proofread their papers better.
There are other skills that are just as essential to students. Reading and the ability to complete exams are among the many skill students must master in order to succeed with their education. We will go further into these additional skills in future posts, so be sure to stay tuned for more updates – and updates about our projects from all around the world.
- Kids weave cloth mathematic toy - early learning educational toys.
- Children takes small pieces cloth point, and stick the points according to the number marked. Learning the relation between the 1-10 and quantity.
- Cultivate kids math number 1-10 counting, hand-eye coordination and color matching.
- 【CORRECT WRITIN POSITION EFFECTIVELY】Our kids pencil grip can help you to relieve pressure, at the same time lead you to write in a correct way. So it will keep you a...
- 【ERGONOMIC DESIGN】The pencil grip is the original ergonomic writing aid that reduces hand fatigue, improves comfort and makes writing easier and more natural. Made of...
- 【HOLLOW VENTILATION DESIGN】Pencil Grip hollow design, Comfortable and breathable, Combining the advantage and shortcomings of various pencil grip on market, double...
- Part of the Life/form series of anatomical teaching aids
- Life/form Brand Diabetes Teaching Tools & Kits - WA18233
- Short Name: DIABETES CARBO COUNTING KT Catalog: 1164
Last update on 2019-05-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API