Take a moment to answer this question:
Can you live without your smartphone?
No, really think about it.
During every little aspect of your day, from the moment that you wake up, to the duration that you are at college, and while you are studying (or procrastinating) at home or in the library.
Do you picture your phone with you every step of the way?
If so, then you aren’t the only one! Smartphone devices are becoming an essential part of every day life. With frequent upgrades to the features of each model, creating new distinctive usage purposes, this generates its widespread use among all members of the population.
Today, people are more than ever reliant on their smartphones and will continue to increase in the future years. As our lives become even busier and complex, the more we require improvements to daily technology to enhance our convenience.
Here are 5 key reasons why owning a smartphone is an investment into your future.
1: Personal assistant
Smartphones provide you with immediate assistance and support at the reach of your fingertips. A study shows that younger people feel more safer with a smartphone. This is because smartphones come with various functions and applications that solve common problems that are faced daily.
The devices act as your personal navigator or GPS, a language translator, encyclopedia and even an event scheduler. The introduction of artificial intelligence, virtual reality and improvements in sophisticated technologies will enhance the personal assistant function through integrations with voice activation, facial recognition, touch sensors and connection to other home devices and wearable technology.
As a student, odds are that you are currently struggling to pay for your tuition and textbook fees. On top of that, your becoming increasingly money poor from all the coffee purchases and social events you plan to attend to! No matter what your reason is, you can obtain extra cash through your smartphone. Your smartphone is literally your new future employer.
Companies are creating mobile applications where you are able to search for your own jobs, manage and receive your pay all through your smartphone device. For example, Mad Paws allows you to become a pet-sitter through their mobile app where you will then care for people’s pets in your own home! A pretty neat job.
Your future health is taken care of, and it is predominately all thanks to your smartphone. Rather than continuously visiting your nutritionist or local GP, you own smartphone allows you to manage your health. This involves monitoring your nutrition, calorie intake, physical exercise and sleeping patterns.
By entering your own daily activity and consumption, smartphone apps allow you track and analyse the data that you generate. Smartphones are becoming a critical investment in the future, as there is potential to combine medical devices with smart phones apps, such as measuring blood pressure and glucose levels.
4: Public diary
Social media has become a standard way to connect with friends, family and people with similar interests. However, this means for greater online exposure of your personal details and information. Your private photos, status rants and relationship history can all be revealed to people that you are not entirely comfortable with sharing such information. Prior to graduating and entering the workforce, it is critical to manage your professional profile as it may be taken into consideration by future employers.
Your smartphone will have access to all your social media apps that will allow you to control past, present and future public exposure of yourself. Clean up your Facebook, Twitter and other social media by deleting or hiding any inappropriate or private posts. You should also take this opportunity to polish your LinkedIn profile to showcase your skills and experiences in the most optimal way.
Boredom no longer exists if you have a smartphone with you. Smartphones change the future of socialisation as people are now entertained by interacting with others online and sharing their experiences and lives through social media. Smartphones are also now used as a ‘mini-computer’ where you can stream movies, shows, play video games via apps, all from the convenience of your smartphone.
Technology advancement will only progress smartphones in the future and will continuously be aimed to improve customer convenience and the human experience. What aspects of a smartphone do you think you will predominantly use in the next upcoming years?
Image Credit: Pixabay
quick share with your friends
Amazon Bestsellers: Smart Phones (for college living)
- 5.5-inch HD 720 x 1280 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density) IPS LCD, Android 7.0 Nougat
- 16GB ROM, 1.5GB RAM, microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- 13 MP Main Camera , 5MP Front Camera w/ Flash, Exons 7580 Octal-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53
- Equipped with almost 6 inches of screen real estate, the Honor 7x's edge-to-edge display with a super sharp 2160 x 1080 FHD+ resolution provides you with an immersive...
- The dual-lens 16MP + 2MP rear Camera captures incredible high-quality photos. And with portrait mode, you can capture professional-looking shots of people with a...
- 3GB RAM, 32 GB storage + Micro SD compatible up to 256GB (not included) + Dual Nano SIM card capability, 2.36GHz Octa-Core processor, 3.5mm microphone Jack. Supports GSM...
- Super Speed Dual Pixel Camera
- Infinity Display: edge-to-edge immersive screen, enhancing your entertainment experience*
- IP68 rating: withstands splashes, spills, and rain so it can take a dip, worry-free***
- Infinity Display: a bezel-less, full-frontal, edge-to-edge screen. Default resolution is Full HD and can be changed to Quad HD plus (WQHD plus) in Settings
- Camera resolution - Front: 8 MP AF, Rear: 12 MP OIS AF
- Memory: Internal Memory 64 GB, RAM 4GB
- With a 5.93" 18: 9 edge-to-edge all-screen design, high screen-to-body ratio and 2160 x 1080 FHD+ resolution, the HUAWEI FullView display on the Huawei mate SE brings you...
- The dual-lens 16MP + 2MP rear camera offers an all new portrait mode, letting you capture professional and artistic photos in a single shot with an ultra-fast focus time
- 4GB RAM, 64 GB storage + Micro SD compatible up to 256GB (not included) + dual nano SIM card capability, 2.36GHz octa-core processor
Last update on 2018-11-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API