About 20.4 million American students will attend college each fall accounting for about 69.2 percent of all students graduating from American high schools in the spring.
If you will be one of them, then you may be very nervous.
Here are some things that you can do to help you prepare for moving to college.
Meet Your Roommate
Even if you cannot meet your roommate in person, getting to know them on social media is a great way to start building a relationship. Talk about whether you are a night owl or are ready to get each day started. Think through what each roommate is going to provide as there may only be room for one refrigerator and microwave. Layout plans to do something fun together in your new community at the beginning of the school year.
Spend Time at Home
You are not the only one who will be experiencing changes and feeling nervous about them, so think about spending some extra time at home. Let those around you know how special they are to you. Let them help you pack the things that you will be taking with you on your new adventure. Understand that as you become independent, they will have a hard time letting you go. Embrace the fact that your relationship will never be the same again.
Get Organized for Classes
Many classes post their textbooks and supplies online ahead of time. Knowing that you need a very expensive computer or a scientific calculator ahead of time allows you to shop online for those things. Otherwise, you may have to pay a huge markup at the college when you arrive. Shopping ahead of time also allows you to spend the gift cards you were given on these supplies.
Get Organized for Campus Living
If you are like many students going to college for the first time, you have accumulated many things in your bedroom. Before you leave, take the time to sort through those things and decide what you want to take with you, what you want to leave at home and new things you will need. Heading off to college can be stressful for everyone. Hiring a professional mover, like Wheaton World Wide Moving, can help ease some of that stress.
Use these ideas and your own ingenuity to get ready for classes in the fall. Spend time relaxing over the summer so that you are ready to attack college with energy and devotion in the fall. You and your roommate will probably find lots of adventures to get into and love living together.
Image Credit: Pixabay
quick share with your friends
Amazon Bestsellers: Bedding Sets (for college dorm or apartment)
- LIMITED TIME FREE BONUS: Our Luxury 6pc Sheet Set includes 2 BONUS PILLOWCASES free with purchase for a total of 4 Pillowcases! But the value doesn't stop there; unlike...
- 5 STAR HOTEL BEDDING EXPERIENCE: Luxuriously soft & Remarkably Durable our Hotel Style Sheet Set is crafted from ULTRA SOFT and ULTRA DURABLE microfiber fibers! Our...
- HYPOALLERGENIC, WRINKLE & FADE RESISTANT: Our Hypo Allergenic Bedding Set is constructed from tightly woven fabric that repels dust mites and makes this an ideal solution...
- Includes 1 comforter and 2 pillow shams
- Covered in ultra-soft micromink polyester on one side and cloud-like white faux sherpa fleece on the other.
- Reinforced with stylish box stitching, the comforter resists fraying and sliding, staying put nicely on your bed
- Goose down alternative queen size comforter measuring 88 inches x 88 inches with zippered closure and shams measuring 20 inches x 26 inches with 2 inches flange;...
- Luxuriously brushed microfiber fabric is 100 percent polyester which provides an extremely soft and comfortable feel
- Great gift idea for all your loved ones on special occasions; surprise your friends and family with this fashionable comforter set
- The front of the duvet and pillowcase is made of 100-percent polyester microfiber plush shaggy , and the back is ultra soft crystal velvet fabric.Add a touch of graceful...
- Twin:1x duvet cover 66"x 90", 1x pillowcase 20"x 26". Queen: 1x duvet cover 90"x 90", 2x pillowcases 20"x 26". King:1x duvet cover 104"x 90", 2x pillowcases 20"x 36".We...
- This unique gorgeous fluffy plush shaggy fabric design duvet cover set，can makes the product more luxurious and comfortable and gives you the most comfortable feel when...
- Includes 66 x 90 inch comforter, 66 x 96 inch flat sheet, 38 x 74 inch fitted sheet, 20 x 26 inch sham, and 20 x 30 inch pillowcase
- Perfect for a child's bedroom, guest room, sleepovers, or travel
- Ultra-soft microfiber construction with plush polyester filling
Last update on 2019-11-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API