About 20.4 million American students will attend college each fall accounting for about 69.2 percent of all students graduating from American high schools in the spring.
If you will be one of them, then you may be very nervous.
Here are some things that you can do to help you prepare for moving to college.
Meet Your Roommate
Even if you cannot meet your roommate in person, getting to know them on social media is a great way to start building a relationship. Talk about whether you are a night owl or are ready to get each day started. Think through what each roommate is going to provide as there may only be room for one refrigerator and microwave. Layout plans to do something fun together in your new community at the beginning of the school year.
Spend Time at Home
You are not the only one who will be experiencing changes and feeling nervous about them, so think about spending some extra time at home. Let those around you know how special they are to you. Let them help you pack the things that you will be taking with you on your new adventure. Understand that as you become independent, they will have a hard time letting you go. Embrace the fact that your relationship will never be the same again.
Get Organized for Classes
Many classes post their textbooks and supplies online ahead of time. Knowing that you need a very expensive computer or a scientific calculator ahead of time allows you to shop online for those things. Otherwise, you may have to pay a huge markup at the college when you arrive. Shopping ahead of time also allows you to spend the gift cards you were given on these supplies.
Get Organized for Campus Living
If you are like many students going to college for the first time, you have accumulated many things in your bedroom. Before you leave, take the time to sort through those things and decide what you want to take with you, what you want to leave at home and new things you will need. Heading off to college can be stressful for everyone. Hiring a professional mover, like Wheaton World Wide Moving, can help ease some of that stress.
Use these ideas and your own ingenuity to get ready for classes in the fall. Spend time relaxing over the summer so that you are ready to attack college with energy and devotion in the fall. You and your roommate will probably find lots of adventures to get into and love living together.
Image Credit: Pixabay
quick share with your friends
Amazon Bestsellers: Bedding Sets (for college dorm or apartment)
- 1 QUEEN size comforter 90" x 92", 2 STANDARD pillow cases 20" x 26", 1 Square Decorative Pillow 18" x 18" & 1 Rectangle Decorative Pillow 12" x 18"
- Jacquard fabric is weaved to express varied brightness and pattern effects
- 100% soft microfiber cover and filling for hypoallergenic as well as softness
- Full/Queen Size Luxury 8-Piece Set Dimensions: (1) Comforter: 86" X 86" -- (1) Bed Skirt: 60" X 80" - (2) Pillow Shams: 20"X 26" - (1) Flat Sheet: 90" X 102 -- (1) Fitted...
- INCLUDES BED SHEETS WITH SIDE POCKETS: Premium quality Bed-in-a-Bag comforter set with double sided storage pockets on fitted sheet that will allow you to keep your...
- LUXURY MEETS PERFORMANCE: Elegant Comfort provides superior performance and luxurious feel begin with yarns that are even finer, longer, and stronger than silk. These...
- 1 queen comforter 90"x92", 2 shams 20"x26"
- 1 bed skirt 60"x80" plus 14", 1 cushions 18"x18"
- 1 neck roll 8"x18", 1 breakfast pillow 12"x18"
- Set includes: 1 comforter, 2 standard shams, 2 decorative pillows
- Cover: 100Percent polyester filling: 100Percent polyester
- Measurements: 90-by-90-inch comforter, 20-by-26-inch standard shams, 16-by-16-inch square pillow, 12-by-18-inch Oblong pillow
- Duvet Cover: 45mm high pile microfiber long shaggy fleece reverse to ultra soft crystal velvet mink. Pillowcases: diamond quilted pattern with 120gsm no glue microfiber...
- Twin:1x duvet cover 66"x90", 1x pillow shams 20"x26". Queen: 1x duvet cover 90"x90", 2x pillow shams 20"x26". King:1x duvet cover 104"x90", 2x pillow shams 20"x36".
- The duvet cover features a luxury fluffy mongolian faux fur to create a plush, cozy space, reverse is lined with a solid crystal velvet fabric.Pillowshams which made of...
Last update on 2018-11-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API