Transferring to a new college is an exciting experience and usually a great career step.
However, moving to a new campus may seem somewhat challenging or even intimidating at first.
Here are three ways to facilitate your college transfer for a strong start to the next phase of your education.
Take a Tour
In addition to the prospective student tour you probably were given before applying to the college, take another informal look around campus to find the student hot spots that make campus life a little smoother. The local laundromat, if you are living in a dorm, a nearby inexpensive but healthy lunch place off campus, and maybe even a car repair shop if you are driving an older vehicle could be good places to scope out before they are actually needed. Of course, you can find them online later, but get some ideas ahead of time so you will be somewhat prepared.
Organize Moving Day
Moving is one of the most stressful things you can do in your life. You may have done it once already, and you’re likely to do it plenty more in the future. That being said, there are ways to make the move easier on yourself. The biggest help will be organization. You can group your belongings by room, by type, or any other way that make sense to you.
The better organized you are, the easier both transporting and unpacking will be. If you’re especially busy or want to avoid even more stress, you can hire a moving company to help you out. Then the process becomes as simple as packing up, labelling the boxes, and opening the door. If your boxes are all labeled and packed correctly, unpacking will be relatively painless.
Select a few relevant groups to join, such as those related to your studies, your dorm, or your hobbies. Study groups offer a good opportunity to stay on top of your coursework while getting to know your classmates. Participate in student activities that sound fun or interesting, without overdoing it.
Meet with your instructors to introduce yourself and explain where you transferred from and what you already know about the topic, as well as any questions you have. You may want to stay in touch with former campus friends and instructors for guidance about adjusting to your new college.
Transferring to another college offers a unique opportunity to increase your exposure to new ideas and experiences. The more that you plan ahead and get organized, the easier your transition will be. Follow steps like these to get ready for your new adventure and to minimize stress.
Image Credit: Pixabay
quick share with your friends
Amazon Bestsellers: Small Microwave Ovens (for college dorm or apartment)
- Compact size : 19.2 L x 15.9 W x 11.5 H inches . 0.9 cubic feet capacity, cavity 12.36*13.66*8.7 inch(W*D*H), turn table 10.6 inch(Diameter)
- 900 watts with 10 power settings, kitchen timer, and defrost by time or Weight
- Digital control panel with interior LED light, glass turntable, Black Stainless Steel exterior
- Panasonic Microwave: This 950-Watt high power, 0.8-cubic-foot capacity stainless steel countertop/built-in microwave delivers a seamless stream of cooking power for even...
- Inverter Technology with Turbo Defrost: Patented Inverter Technology generates a seamless stream of power and delivers consistent, evenly prepared food without...
- Compact Design: This countertop microwave with 11-1/4-inch turntable is thinner, lighter and more efficient, allowing you to devote less space to electronics and more to...
- COMPACT COUNTERTOP MICROWAVE OVEN - At 1.3 cubic feet, it fits perfectly in a small kitchen and has plenty of capacity for large plates or family sized meals. Has a slick...
- QUICK TOUCH PIZZA COOKER and POPCORN MAKER - It has 10 power levels, 11 cooking functions and 7 easy pre-programmed settings for pizza, popcorn or steamed vegetables;...
- LARGE REVOLVING GLASS PLATE - Accessories include a BPA free rotating glass turntable plate to prevent hotspots and allow food to cook evenly. It can also easily be...
- 0.7 cu. ft. capacity. Overall Depth :12.75 inch,overall height :10.18 inch,overall width :17.31 inch and cavity (W x H x D) :12.75 x 7.87 x 11.62 inches
- Convenience cooking controls
- Auto and time defrost
- Pre-programmed sensor menu for optimum heating of popular foods like pizza, potatoes, veggies and more
- Stainless Steel finish, 20.5 x 17.1 x 12.8 inch(W*D*H), large 1.2 cubic feet capacity, cavity 13.07*15*9.5 inch(W*D*H), turn table 12.4 inch(Diameter)
- 1100 watts with 10 power settings, clock, and kitchen timer
Last update on 2018-11-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API