College is tough!
An incoming college freshman has no idea just how different things are about to be from the days of hanging out with friends, eating mom’s peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and watching old war movies in history class.
For most, going to college is the first time young people are truly on their own.
With all the added time, money, and responsibility pressures of going to college, it takes a tremendous amount of effort to ensure a successful four years. Here are some tips to help make those college years easier to manage.
Time Management Is Key
College puts a lot of demands on your time. Classes are longer and harder, and require more studying. Most classes require more out-of-class work. And then there are always extracurricular activities taking place that take chunks out of your day. One of the most important things you can do to make your time in college easier is to create a schedule and stick to it.
It’s ok to have fun and socialize, both of which you will have plenty of opportunity to do. However, be sure and set aside a few hours each day that is completely dedicated to studying. If you put together a schedule that includes class time, study time, and fun time, you will go a long way towards making your time in college easier.
Build Relationships with Professors
There are lots of good reasons to really get to know your college professors. One of the main ones is that it’s so much easier to give them the answers they want when you know what they expect. By getting to know a professor, you can get a good feel for the level of effort they require, as well as how to tailor essay assignments to their liking.
Professors can also be very helpful mentors. They can help you get a great internship, help you pick a major, or even potentially get you in contact with your future employer after college is over. Making the time to build relationships with professors can make the college experience much easier to manage.
Find a Flexible Part-Time Job
Ideally, you wouldn’t need to work while going to college. In the real world, however, things are often far from ideal. Not only is college tuition expensive, but just the costs associated with living while going to school are daunting.
Most college students need to work in order to be able to make ends meet. Due to the hectic schedule associated with being in college, it’s imperative to find a flexible job that pays well. There are many low-paying jobs available like working at a fast food restaurant or a grocery store.
Get a Car
Transportation in college life can be a serious problem if you don’t have a car. Many students use bicycles to get around campus, but other than that, you will need a car. A Kia dealership is one of many various places you might consider when looking for a suitable vehicle for yourself. Make sure to check the ads and see what all your options are. When you are in college, it is important to not be left stranded on the side of the road.
The truth of the matter is that you can’t succeed in anything if you aren’t successful in taking care of your health and your body. College adds a lot of stress to your life, which can weigh heavily on your mental and physical health. Letting your health slip can end up hurting your performance in the classroom.
Get plenty of sleep, eat healthy meals, and build lots of exercise into your daily schedule to make sure your body and mind are up to the challenge. A healthy mind and a healthy body will make it exponentially easier to manage your four years in college.
- NEW! Join the cool cheerleading team at a football match!
- NEW! Create amazing dance routines with Hannah's cheerleader friends!
- NEW! Use cheers & chants to help Jack score a touchdown & win!
- The Emraw notebooks Pages are college ruled and double-sided to provide plenty of note taking space composition notebooks with durable flexible covers is ready for any...
- Specification: Composition Book Size is 9 3/4 x 7 1/2 inch overall with durable black marble hard covers, a secure sewn binding and stitched-in sheets. One Subject: 100...
- Quality: notebooks for school High quality white paper make the composition book a great choice for in-class assignments, homework and more. Durable covers with secure...
- Net weight:0.9 KG/1.98 LB. Dimension:10.6" L x 15.7" H x 4.7 W" / 27 x 40 x 12 cm. It's a good size school bag for college or high school students. Also a great everyday...
- Material: Made of water-resistant fabric and the lining is polyester cotton, lightweight and decorated with high quality leather. Suitable for women or men to use it as a...
- Capacity:one main compartment pocket, one protective laptop compartment, one inner zipper pocket, one front pocket, two inner insert pocket, two front pocket, two side...
Last update on 2018-11-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API