Heading off to college is an exciting time.
When you’re packing for the big move, you want to include a few essentials that will make your life a bit easier in the dorm and in your classes.
Keep the packing to a minimal unless you’re going to be in an apartment or a house as the dorm rooms are small and don’t allow for a lot of space for the belongings that you have in your bedroom at home.
Writing down all of the notes that the teacher is going over in class can be challenging, especially if you have a teacher who enjoys talking faster than driving. It’s time like these that you’ll benefit from a recorder so that you can turn it on and record what the teacher says. You can go back later and write down the important details that you want to remember for a test. The best thing is that you’ll always have the notes, allowing you to go back a year or more later to get information.
Keep all of your devices charged so that you have them when they are needed with wireless chargers, like the TYLT type. These are small and fit inside any bag that you might have on campus. They are ideal for making sure your phone is charged when you need to call someone in an emergency or for charging the computer without having a lot of cords on the floor.
When you want a warm meal but don’t feel like using the microwave or even buying one for the dorm, break out the iron. You can put a sandwich in aluminum foil and grill it with an iron. Put the wrapped meal on a table before putting the iron on top of it, leaving it in place for a few minutes until you see steam. Turn the sandwich over to repeat on the other side.
There are numerous ideas for storing all of the important papers that you need for class and the small items that tend to go missing soon after you get to college. A plastic storage unit with drawers is ideal for keeping your classes divided by putting a label on the front of each drawer. Use a silverware tray to keep everything from cords to pencils and pens separated and in one place.
College should be one of the best times of your life. It might be difficult to learn how to focus while having a social life, but with a little organization, you can manage. Don’t forget to stay in touch with family and friends as they will offer the support you need when you get discouraged.
- 3.2 Cu Ft Capacity, Compressor Cooled with Space Saving Flush Back Design (Black)
- Built in Can Dispenser and Freezer Compartment. Dimension: 20 inch L x 18 inch W x 32 inch H
- Slide Out Tempered Glass Shelves; Adjustable Thermostat
- Adjustable Temperature Ranges: Refrigerator Compartment 32' to 50' F / Freezer Compartment -11.2' to 5'F
- Features Adjustable Legs and a Reversible Door that can Open from Left or Right
- Interior Light;Partial automatic defrost
- 2 Full Width Glass Shelves
- 2 Full Width Door Shelves accommodate 2 Liter and Tall Bottles
- Adjustable Thermostat Control and Leveling Legs offer ultimate versatility
Last update on 2019-02-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API