Drinking has always been a big part of college campuses and the young adult college experience.
No one expects that to go away, but college students need to know that drinking has consequences that can be quite serious.
Jail or even death can await those who fail to treat alcohol with the respect it deserves.
The following guide will help you use alcohol safely and avoid ruining your first year being legal.
It is important to always eat a good meal before a night of drinking. Having some food to soak up the alcohol helps to keep you from getting too intoxicated, too quickly. When your stomach has food in it, the rate of alcohol consumption is slowed down considerably.
No one wants to wake up with a massive hangover, and one of the chief causes of hangovers is dehydration. To prevent that nasty feeling next day, you should follow the golden rule for drinking safely. The golden rule is to always drink a full glass of water after every alcoholic beverage. Having a glass of water between drinks ensures you stay hydrated and slows down your drinking pace.
Pacing yourself is one of the most crucial skills for drinking safely. The body can only process about one drink per hour. If you drink more than this, you will become intoxicated quickly. Try to limit yourself to one drink per hour, if at all possible. You can even download an app on your phone that helps you pace yourself by telling you when it is safe to order another drink.
Think About Safety
Alcohol damages your critical-thinking skills, which can lead to serious consequences. You should never drive when you are drinking to avoid accident or the need for a lawyer later on. Always bring condoms with you since alcohol lowers your sexual inhibitions. You also should always drink with friends so you can keep an eye on each other. This is especially important for women who have to worry about the additional threat of sexual assault if they do not have friends to look out for them. Never leave your drink alone, and don’t continue drinking if you notice a strange taste.
You can definitely have fun drinking after you turn 21, but make sure you do it the safe way. Avoid binge drinking as much as possible. Always follow safety precautions when you drink to avoid becoming too drunk. When you consume alcohol responsibly, you can enjoy the positive benefits without suffering the negative health and legal consequences that can come along with excessive drinking.
- Designed to provide a SIMPLE, ACCURATE and LOW-COST way to screen your water for the presence of potentially harmful contaminants.
- MADE IN USA according to EPA Limits: Compare your results with EPA recommendations and guidelines for water quality limits. Don't rely on Chinese made "bulk" strip kits...
- COMPREHENSIVE: This test kit detects even tiny amounts of Lead and Copper but also tests for Bacteria and important water quality parameters that are indicators of...
- Package of 6 speedo-clad muscle men drink markers
- Hook Brad, Chad, Josh, Ryan, Cody, or Mitch on the edge of your glass so you don't lose your drink
- Each hunk is approximately 2.2-inches long
- Juan Jimenez, what is alcohol effects of drugs
- Kindle Edition
Last update on 2018-11-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API