The average age of majority of college students is between 18 and 24 years old. This age group is also the most likely to drive while under the influence of alcohol and is one of the most distracted age groups when behind the wheel.
Despite the strict laws that are put in place to prevent drunk or distracted driving incidents, accidents related to these poor driving choices occur every day.
The Risks of College Life
The stereotypical college student drinks too much, can’t live without his or her cell phone and makes “risky” choices. While college life opens up the door to a whole new set of “freedoms” and experiences, taking big and unsafe risks doesn’t need to be part of college life. Younger college students might be more at risk for being unsafe if they followed all the rules in high school.
Unfortunately, many college kids feel pressured to be “fun.” That can often result in getting behind the wheel after one too many or even taking a selfie with the roommates while driving down the interstate. How can college students get involved to be good role models to one another and use peer pressure for good?
Positive Peer Pressure
Not every college student is the same. While some invest in their future and take college seriously, others take the opportunity to party. Here are some ways that college students can use peer pressure positively to discourage drunk or distracted driving:
- Join or Create Student a Group That Organizes “Sober” Events
- Organize a Designated Driver Group
- Challenge Your Peers to Design an App
- Ask Your Community to Get Involved
- Encourage Your Friends to Take a Pledge
While encouraging others to sign a pledge to be safer behind the wheel may not eliminate drunk or distracted driving crashes, it may make people think twice about their actions.
- 3.2 Cu Ft Capacity, Compressor Cooled with Space Saving Flush Back Design (Black)
- Built in Can Dispenser and Freezer Compartment. Dimension: 20 inch L x 18 inch W x 32 inch H
- Slide Out Tempered Glass Shelves; Adjustable Thermostat
- MODERN ELECTRIC BEVERAGE COOLER - This 3.2 cubic feet, free standing beverage refrigerator features an elegant see through, left hinge glass front door with a stainless...
- LARGE CAPACITY BEER & WINE CHILLER - Under counter beverage cooler with large, internal storage design is equipped with 3 adjustable and removable chrome shelves. It's an...
- ADVANCED TEMPERATURE CONTROLS - Single zone beverage mini refrigerator has an easy touch temperature control that cools down to 33°F, and large digital display for quick...
- 1 Full Width Glass shelf
- 1 Full Width and 1 Half Width Door Shelf accommodates 2 Liter and Tall Bottles
- Adjustable Thermostat Control and Leveling Legs offer ultimate versatility
Last update on 2018-11-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API