Are you the type of person who likes to spend time just to read?
If that so, then what is it about?
Is it novels, magazines, newspapers or story updates on Facebook?
The reason why you should read daily is to keep your brain active. If you read every day, then you’ll experience the following benefits:
- A big difference in your vocabulary.
- Your writing skills will improve.
- Improve your memory power.
Here are the main reasons why you should read on a daily basis:
1. Mental stimulation
This will prevent you from getting Alzheimer’s and Dementia, especially if you’re still studying in your 30’s – 40’s. Reading everyday will keep your brain active.
Your brain needs exercise every day just like your body does, and the best way to do it is to read books or play games like chess. This will keep your brain in good shape and improve your cognitive stimulation.
2. Vocabulary Improvements
Reading books is the best way to improve your vocabulary, especially if you’re a non-native English speaker.
If you read any books and see unfamiliar words, then look them up in a dictionary – this will help you understand what you’re reading.
This will also help you speak fluently on a daily basis.
3. Improves Memory
Reading every morning before class is the best thing to do; it will put you in a good mood when you’re going to school.
The more you read every day, the more your brain will stay active.
4. Strong Knowledge
When you read books, newspapers, magazines, etc, you’ll learn a lot of information. And having all of this knowledge will help you face life challenges in the future.
You might lose everything you have (for example, your job, possessions, or money) but your knowledge will always be yours and no one can take it away from you.
5. Strong Analytical Thinking
To develop your analytical skills you should try to read a mystery novel. This will help you to improve your analytical thinking.
If you continue to develop your analytical skills, you’ll be able to critique and analyze story plots. And you’ll be able to state your opinions clearly.
other valuable tops:
6. Reducing Stress
No matter how much stress you’ve in school, reading will help you forget it all. Go to the library and relax by reading books. This will also help to improve your mood everyday.
7. Free Entertainment
Apps like “Ebook” and Wattpad can also be free entertainment too. If you have nothing to do during your free time, then there’s a lot of stories that you can download on your phone and read.
This is also a good option if you just want a quiet and peaceful entertainment.
Reading books, magazines, newspapers etc, will keep your brain active. Also it will keep you away from Alzheimer’s and Dementia. And remember to try and solve a mystery novel while you’re at it, to develop your analytical thinking skills.
Image Credit: Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
Amazon Bestsellers: Reading Lamp (for college dorm or apartment)
- Touch Switch with 3 Levels Of Adjustable Brightness---Low setting is ideal as a night light using without disturbing your bedmate; while high setting is suitable for...
- Built In 1000mAh Rechargeable Battery with USB Interface Design (No charger)--- raniaco book lamp can be powered by USB charger, plug and play, notebook PC USB, Mobile...
- Easy To Use With Clip Base Or Stand---The reading light comes with a clamp holder which can be opened at 2.36inch and placed on your desk or fixed at the edge when you...
- Gentle on the eyes: provides a flicker-free lighting for reading, working, or studying
- Customizable illumination: led desk lamp features 5 color modes with 7 brightness levels each
- Modern design: naturally fits with any type of decor, including office or bedroom
- Clip on: Brighten up with the click of a switch on the cord and perfect for Table, Desk, Bed headboard and Computers.The maximum wide for clip：2.36 inch.
- Free Angle Adjustable of arm and lamp holder, place your book light for best viewing.
- 2 switches on the cord. One has three options: Warm light,off and White light. The other has two options to adjust the brightness: dim and bright.
- 🎄Long-lasting & Energy-saving: This lamp includes a 8 watt energy-saving LED lamp(its brightness is equivalent to an 100W incandescent lamp). With 20,000 hours...
- 🎄Stable & Safety: The steady base provide a good stability from falling when knocked by kids or pets. It is with a sturdy lamp shell to offer a well protection...
- 🎄Optional Light Modes: This LED floor lamp present 3 colors modes. 3000K warm white, 4000K natural white, and 6000K cold white, which respectively for different...
- [UPGRADED ] 3000K WARM SMD LED TECHNOLOGY. Most suitable light color for eye-care reading. 6 LEDs evenly light up 3x times lighting area than normal LED. 3 BRIGHTNESS...
- NO MORE WASTING MONEY ON BATTERIES - EVER. FEATURES BUILT-IN RECHARGEABLE 1000MAH LI-ION BATTERY, enjoy your wireless 60 HOURS reading without charging (at low brightness...
- LOVE TO READ AT NIGHT WITHOUT DISTURBING YOUR PARTNER? This new book light is 2.15 oz super lightweight. Perfectly weightless for clipping on your book, creating a...
Last update on 2019-01-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API