As you transition from a child under your parents’ wings to an independent adult, it becomes more important to balance school, work and your social life.
However, this is not always an easy thing to do. Let’s take a look at some strategies that can help you do well in school and work without becoming a total workaholic.
School Should Come First
Your education is what will allow you to get a job in a field that you are passionate about. Therefore, you should always look for ways to be as effective and efficient as possible when pursuing your degree. This means staying off of your phone and social media sites unless you need them for educational purposes. You may want to think about using an auto login tool, such as Joinesty, to keep wasted time to a minimum so that you don’t have to keep logging in to the various sites you use for all of your classes.
Make Sure to Maintain Your Professional Reputation
While your job may be a secondary concern during your high school and college years, make sure that you establish a positive reputation. This means that you do a good job when you are at work while also representing the company well while off the clock.
Part of this means that you may want to limit the number of hours that you work or refrain from working on days that you have multiple classes. Maintaining a weekly or monthly calendar may help you request days or portions of days off in a timely manner.
Your Social Life Shouldn’t Be Neglected
While you want to focus mostly on your education and how you will pay for it, there is no reason to completely neglect your social life. Hanging out with friends can help you relieve stress or provide an opportunity to talk through issues that you may be having. Time spent with friends may lead to meeting people who may become business contacts or who may become your future spouse.
Work with Your Friends
To make it easier to mix your social life with your professional life, you may want to work with your friends. It may also be a good idea to work someplace fun like at a bowling alley or an arcade. Some employers may offer discounts that makes it easier to go out when you are on a budget.
It is critical that you manage your time effectively, and this may easy to do with a calendar or an app on your phone. Failing to do so could lead to poor grades, burnout at work or a lack of friends to spend the best years of your life with.
- ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS: Gazelle Planner will help you define and prioritize your short and long-term goals, and increase your focus and productivity so you will feel more...
- GUIDED PLANNING: One-page-per-day design helps you plan your day incorporating your To Do List, scheduled events, and planned projects. Reviewing your daily agenda using...
- STAY FOCUSED with the GUIDED FOCUS SYSTEM: The Gazelle Planner 1-2-3 step system keeps you focused on long term goals as well as monthly, weekly and daily goals; it...
- THE IDEAL SIZE: This large appointment book measures 7" x 13.5" with wide columns to keep your schedule neat and easy to read.
- 3 COLUMNS AND 200 PAGES: With 200 pages (100 sheets) and 3 columns per page (opens to 6), this schedule book will provide endless days of appointments.
- DETAILED DAILY SCHEDULE: With appointment times from 6am to 10pm in 15 minute increments, you will be able to create a detailed schedule of your full day.
- Features: Premium daily weekly planner set comes with 3 pack, 5.1" x 7.5", 99 writing pages each. 100g acid-free white paper furnishes you with efficiency and an...
- Organized & Specialized Page: Every planner page includes, time table, important list, to do list, memo part for daily schedule, detailed plan, goals, inspiration,...
- Time Management: Our planner help you organize those hectic days, keep priorities at top of mind, overcome procrastination and finally reach your goals. Make the most of...
Last update on 2019-05-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API