As you transition from a child under your parents’ wings to an independent adult, it becomes more important to balance school, work and your social life.
However, this is not always an easy thing to do. Let’s take a look at some strategies that can help you do well in school and work without becoming a total workaholic.
School Should Come First
Your education is what will allow you to get a job in a field that you are passionate about. Therefore, you should always look for ways to be as effective and efficient as possible when pursuing your degree. This means staying off of your phone and social media sites unless you need them for educational purposes. You may want to think about using an auto login tool, such as Joinesty, to keep wasted time to a minimum so that you don’t have to keep logging in to the various sites you use for all of your classes.
Make Sure to Maintain Your Professional Reputation
While your job may be a secondary concern during your high school and college years, make sure that you establish a positive reputation. This means that you do a good job when you are at work while also representing the company well while off the clock.
Part of this means that you may want to limit the number of hours that you work or refrain from working on days that you have multiple classes. Maintaining a weekly or monthly calendar may help you request days or portions of days off in a timely manner.
Your Social Life Shouldn’t Be Neglected
While you want to focus mostly on your education and how you will pay for it, there is no reason to completely neglect your social life. Hanging out with friends can help you relieve stress or provide an opportunity to talk through issues that you may be having. Time spent with friends may lead to meeting people who may become business contacts or who may become your future spouse.
Work with Your Friends
To make it easier to mix your social life with your professional life, you may want to work with your friends. It may also be a good idea to work someplace fun like at a bowling alley or an arcade. Some employers may offer discounts that makes it easier to go out when you are on a budget.
It is critical that you manage your time effectively, and this may easy to do with a calendar or an app on your phone. Failing to do so could lead to poor grades, burnout at work or a lack of friends to spend the best years of your life with.
- 【GREAT PLANNER】Our AM PM pill organizer allows you to plan your 7 day medication for both morning and night. It helps you make sure that you haven't missed any...
- 【SPECIAL DESIGN】Our pill organizer is Detachable. And it includes fourteen large compartments and lets you store medicines or vitamin in bulk. The size of the...
- 【PORTABLE CONTAINERS】Pop a couple of the detachable pill cases off of the base and take them with you for the day or a weekend vacation. The pillbox is ideal for...
- AN OPTIMIZED AND WELL RESEARCHED PLANNER: Planned & Tested to increase your focus and productivity
- DAILY PAGES: The Gazelle Planner helps you plan your day incorporating your To Do List, scheduled events, and planned projects all on one page; this planning system...
- GUIDED FOCUS SYSTEM: The Gazelle Planner 1-2-3 step system keeps you focused on long term goals as well as monthly, weekly and daily goals; it feels great to finally pull...
- Believe time tracker spiral dateless study planner by PAPERIAN
- Helping organize your studies to help in obtaining better grades, can check your study time every 10 minutes
- PP cover protects this diary from stain and tear
Last update on 2019-11-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API