As you transition from a child under your parents’ wings to an independent adult, it becomes more important to balance school, work and your social life.
However, this is not always an easy thing to do. Let’s take a look at some strategies that can help you do well in school and work without becoming a total workaholic.
School Should Come First
Your education is what will allow you to get a job in a field that you are passionate about. Therefore, you should always look for ways to be as effective and efficient as possible when pursuing your degree. This means staying off of your phone and social media sites unless you need them for educational purposes. You may want to think about using an auto login tool, such as Joinesty, to keep wasted time to a minimum so that you don’t have to keep logging in to the various sites you use for all of your classes.
Make Sure to Maintain Your Professional Reputation
While your job may be a secondary concern during your high school and college years, make sure that you establish a positive reputation. This means that you do a good job when you are at work while also representing the company well while off the clock.
Part of this means that you may want to limit the number of hours that you work or refrain from working on days that you have multiple classes. Maintaining a weekly or monthly calendar may help you request days or portions of days off in a timely manner.
Your Social Life Shouldn’t Be Neglected
While you want to focus mostly on your education and how you will pay for it, there is no reason to completely neglect your social life. Hanging out with friends can help you relieve stress or provide an opportunity to talk through issues that you may be having. Time spent with friends may lead to meeting people who may become business contacts or who may become your future spouse.
Work with Your Friends
To make it easier to mix your social life with your professional life, you may want to work with your friends. It may also be a good idea to work someplace fun like at a bowling alley or an arcade. Some employers may offer discounts that makes it easier to go out when you are on a budget.
It is critical that you manage your time effectively, and this may easy to do with a calendar or an app on your phone. Failing to do so could lead to poor grades, burnout at work or a lack of friends to spend the best years of your life with.
- Size : 297 mm x 210 mm (11.69" x 8.27") ; A4 Sizes
- Free note pages
- 30 Weeks Secheduler + 20 Pages of Free Note
- INSPIRED FROM ANTIQUE BOOKS - The rough and uneven finish of this notebook is made by our designer that was inspired by antique and used books he found piled up at a flea...
- MULTIPURPOSE DIY PLANNER - Maximize this notebook with its undated sheets and its various sections that can be used for multiple purposes. This scheduler contains a total...
- MONTHLY SHEETS - 32 pages with 16 blank months for flexibility of year or quarter planning.
- CRUSH YOUR GOALS: The Goals Planner program is based on proven scientific strategies that will help you SET AND ACHIEVE your goals by breaking it down into bitesize...
- MADE IN THE USA - PREMIUM QUALITY: Designed for functionality with the highest quality materials. The planner is undated, giving you the flexibility to start anytime,...
- LOVE IT OR IT'S FREE - NO RISK 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: The Goals Planner has been tried and tested. Now you can try it risk free and reap the benefits of strategic...
Last update on 2018-11-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API