Distance or online education is a new form of leaning and very best for those want to higher education. Across the world and especially in Europe, distance learning is very popular among both high school graduates and professionals who want to enhance their professional knowledge and get another specialty.
The transition from traditional education system to learning based on computer technologies developed over the last two decades. Modern distance learning is now very popular to get higher degree in any discipline and to expand knowledge according to traditional university programs. Also, students can choose specific curricula and courses, creating "education on demand", which can be obtained faster and more cheaply. Diploma programs with distance learning have received legal support as well that lets people to apply for a variety of smart jobs. Even the employers now prefer more to those who have a higher degree obtained by distance learning.
When we talk about the option of distance education through technology, it should be noted that this type of education has both obvious advantages and disadvantages for students.
Advantages of Distance learning
Distance higher education is a special form of education based on internet technology and has many advantages than the traditional education system. Check out the following core advantages of online studying:
- It improves the quality of education through the use of more advanced form of digital libraries and state-of-the-art technology;
- It helps in reducing costs of education because there is no extra charges as in the traditional form of education;
- There is no cost of travel to the place of study;
- It has wider availability, regardless of geographic location, age and prior education of students;
- It gives a freedom of choice because students can choose their most preferred educational institution;
- It also develop students’ ability to fully meet their desired educational needs;
- Students can learn at their own pace and it means that they can set the pace of curriculum according to their personal needs and life circumstances;
- It gives more flexibility of the curriculum, along with the possibility of self-selection, combination of training courses as well as self-planning about time, space, frequency and duration of each session. The students are able to access via the Internet to e-learning from any location where there is access to the global information network;
- Students also have the opportunity to attend online lecture at work, at home, or anywhere else;
- Advanced technology gives students the possibility of mobility, and students now can receive timely and effective feedback from their online teachers;
- It also gives the social equity guarantee, along with the possibility of obtaining a quality education, regardless of health status, place of residence, material security, social status and elitism of students;
- E-learning users are both teachers and students who can develop their skills and knowledge in accordance with the latest modern technology and standards. Electronic courses also allow you to update the study materials timely and promptly.
Today, the Internet has become firmly established in our lives. Modern education is inconceivable without computers and the Internet. Most of today’s students and professionals are actively using the computer and the Internet for the educational purposes.